Another very sporadic update
1. What did you do in 2007 that you have never done before?
+ International competition/visited America
+ Ball! Eeee!
+ Saw a shooting star
+Got offered drugs on the street
+Stayed up for an entire night
+Did Model UN
+Won competitions with money prizes
+Taken Classics and done all the crazy things we do in that class
+Been in a class with a whole lot of complete strangers
+Realised I actually like and am okay at a science
+Been in a concert (as a main/solo performer)
2. Did you keep all of last year's resolutions?
Didn't really make any. Unless there was one to exercise more and/or lose weight, which.... no.
3. Have you any resolutions for next year?
Have an exercise regime, do capoeira, catch up to everyone else in Spanish
4. What countries did you visit?
+ USA (road trip from LA to Ft Collins)
+ China (Hong Kong and Shenzhen)
+ New Caledonia (Noumea, Bourail, Poe)
5. What would you like to have in 2008 that you didn't have in 2007?
+ A trip to France
+ A boyfriend/romantic interest/friend with benefits/something of that nature
+ A scholarship
+ A job
6. What date in 2007 will remain etched in your memory?
+ FPSIC, June
+ NZMUN, July
+ Claire's birthday party
7. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
FPS: 3rd in the world
8. What was your biggest failure?
Either not working hard enough or not getting a scholarship, though they're sort of the same thing. It was a pretty good year, though.
9. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
Standard FPS-induced flu, sleep deprivation at UN, a bit of stress. Nothing major.
10. What was the best thing you bought?
Ball dress! It's purdy.
11. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My little brother's, my own, assorted drunk people at a certain party, many members of my school year
12. Where did most of your money go?
Saved, actually. The money I spent... I don't know, probably spent in America or on food.
13. What did you get really really really excited about?
My trips for competitions, the trip to New Caledonia, going back to school at the beginning of the year and assorted fun classics things.
14. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
+ The Best Day Ever song from Spongebob
+ that put your hands up for detroit song and the dancing one that were played at IC
+ the Hairspray soundtrack
+ Mozart's Requiem
+ Maria Luisa: Mazurka
15. Compared to this time last year are you:
A) Fatter or thinner? Much fatter
B) Happier or sadder? Happier, I think
C) Richer or poorer? Richer, but only temporarily
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent more time with friends, probably study and exercise, perhaps party/entertainment things
17. What do you wish you'd done less of?
The Bubble game
18. How did you spend Christmas?
Morning with Mum, then to Uncle Andrew's house for a barbecue, off to dad's at four, then left for New Caledonia the next day.
19. Which LJ users did you meet for the first time?
None as far as I know, but I met Andrew from the FPS forums
20. Did you fall in love in 2007?
No, unfortunately. Very boring love life.
21. How many one night stands?
22. What was your favourite TV show?
Heroes, I think, or NCIS or Bones or Veronica Mars or Boston Legal... can't choose
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Well, a couple of people I didn't know, I guess, but I don't really hate them. They just irritate me.
24. What was/were the best books you read?
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
+ Putumayo World Music
26. What did you want and get?
+ A placing at FPS
+ Into NZMUN
+ A classical guitar
+ Arts award
27. What did you want and not get?
+ Up to book 6 suzuki guitar
+ France trip paid for, but that was never going to happen
+ An iPod, but ditto
+ A scholarship/Principal's award
28. What was your favourite film this year?
Hairspray. It just gave me a really happy feeling that buoyed me along for ages
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you?
I turned 16, and I can't remember.
30. What one thing would have made your year more satisfying?
A scholarship, because then I'd have enough money to get to France.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Well, I finally started wearing dresses occasionally, and more formal clothing, but it's still T-shirt and jeans
32. What kept you sane?
My friends. MWAH! And the good things I had to look forward to
33. Which celebrity did you fancy the most?
As ever, Johnny Depp.
34. Which political issue stirred you the most?
I can't really think of anything
35. Who did you miss?
At the moment I miss friends who are overseas, and I miss Claire in advance. I also missed Carol when she left.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
It's really not as bad as you think it is.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Good morning [Auckland]
Every day's like an open door
Every night is a fantasy
Every sound's like a symphony
Good morning [Auckland]
And some day when i take to the floor
The world's gonna wake up and see
[Auckland] and me
On November 6th, 2008 02:58 pm (UTC), (Anonymous) commented:
Dear friends, if you want to know the music of Russian
guitarist-composer Oleg Kiselev,please, visit the pages: